As promised, here I’m bringing the first usable version of my Neverwinter Nights armor hak merging PHP script; it’s not really an astonishing piece of supreme software but it sure saved me a lot of time while creating the two armor haks we’re using (at this moment) in Crónicas del Nuevo Mundo, the Neverwinter Nights module/server I’m currently working on.
If you happen to be doing some sort of similar project, you may find this script handy. The only requirement is a valid PHP installation and a webbrowser; the script should work practically by itself, creating the folders it needs the first time it’s run.
Still, as it’s not really documented, it works as follows. I’ll assume you know what PHP, how to get an Apache server (or some alternative) running, and how to navigate to the files:
- Copy all the files (4) into the same folder.
- Copy the models you want to add to your module into the /input folder.
- Copy your current parts_*.2da files into the /input/2da_base folder.
- Copy the parts_*.2da files the hak you’re trying to add brings with it into the /input/2da_add folder.
- Open index.php through your browser, and click on “Compute!”
- Voilà! The new models will appear in the /output folder, and the new 2da files will be inside /output/2da
Or download the package directly here.
The program is still missing a couple of features, like allowing the user to auto-remove the old mdl and plt files after parsing them, but it’s fully functional at the moment. Just don’t try to merge two haks that are already compatible (for example, Feanor’s Medieval Armoury and CEP 2.3), as the results may be a bit chaotic.